You are required to dress in a manner appropriate to a working environment in which you will be meeting people with a variety of attitudes, and representing our Sixth Form in the community.
In particular, you must not wear:
- Torn or scruffy clothes.
- Tops with slogans which may be regarded as offensive, aggressive or out of place in a school context.
- Revealing clothes more suitable for beach or leisurewear and not designed for a normal working environment. This applies particularly to tops, short dresses, skirts or shorts and trainers more suited to sport.
Your tutor will help you to interpret this code if you have a problem and you can also refer to the dress code guidelines below.
In the case of your failure to agree, the Director of Sixth Form, in consultation with your Head of Year, will act as final arbiter. This decision will be regarded as final.
Dress Code Guidelines:
- Trousers – must not be worn below the waist and underwear must not be visible above the waist band as this is inappropriate for a school and working environment. Although jeans can be worn, they must not be torn, dirty, have writing on, slogans or obvious logos, they must still give the appearance of clothes suitable for a school and work environment.
- Skirts and dresses should be on the knee or below, dresses should not be strapless or revealing, thicker straps and covered shoulders are appropriate for school and work.
- Shorts worn in summer must be of a tailored nature, it is not appropriate for them to be hot pants, skin tight, sportswear or beachwear.
- T-shirts, tops and shirts should not have big logos or slogans on, they should be clean and not torn. They should not be revealing and should not show underwear or midriff. We recommend that boys wear shirts or polo shirts and that girls wear blouses or tops of a more tailored nature.
- Caps, hats and hoods are not allowed to be worn in school.
- Shoes must be clean, supportive and waterproof.
- By leisurewear we mean tracksuits, hoodies, sweatshirts and other clothes more suited to sportswear. These are not appropriate unless participating in sport.