Why Choose Dance?
GCSE Dance is the option for you if you:
- Have enjoyed Dance at KS3.
- Have a passion for dance, new ideas and innovation.
- Want to improve your confidence, creativity, team working skills and fitness level .
- Like performing and enjoy experience a range of dance styles and genres.
- Like watching dances, giving your own opinion and responding to other’s works.
- Love choreographing and communicating to an audience through this art form.
- Enjoy working with others and trying out new ways of moving and creating movements, including contact work.
- Want to participate in dance performances and go on theatre visits.
Component 1: Performance and choreography
Solo performance of 2 Set Phrases
A solo or a group dance for 2 to 5 dancers
Component 2: Dance appreciation
Knowledge and understanding of choreographic processes and performing skills
Critical appreciation of own work
Critical appreciation of professional works
|Exam Board – AQA
Final Grade – New GCSE Grades 1-9
|Structure of Assessment|
|Component 1: 60% of the final GCSE gradeComponent 2: 40% of the final GCSE grade|