Our Mission Statement
The St. Marylebone School, a Church of England Foundation, aims to achieve the highest standards of effort, behaviour and commitment so that all pupils have an opportunity to realise their full potential. We seek to inspire a love of learning and a genuine respect for all members of our multi-cultural, multi-faith community. As a church school we nurture respect for religious, moral and spiritual values. We aim to help and enable pupils to:
- develop lively, enquiring minds and the ability to question and argue rationally;
- acquire knowledge and skills relevant to adult life and employment in a fast changing world;
- develop a full range of skills to meet a variety of challenges;
- appreciate human achievement and aspirations;
- understand the interdependence of individuals, groups and nations;
- gain self confidence and a sense of worth; and
- learn how to work responsibly and with consideration for others.
The fulfilment of these aims creates a well-ordered community, with high standards and a caring approach, which recognises that the purpose of school is to equip pupils with the skills they will require as balanced, mature and fulfilled individuals in our society.