The Governing Body of St Marylebone CE School
The Governing body meets regularly and works closely with the Headteacher and the staff to decide the school’s aims and policies and to oversee the efficient running of the school.
The Governors work in partnership with the London Diocesan Board for Schools and Westminster Council and have particular responsibility for:
- Setting aims and planning for the future of the school.
- Agreeing targets to raise standards of achievement.
- Ensuring the curriculum for the school promotes the spiritual, moral, cultural, mental and physical development of the pupils.
- Managing the school budget by providing the Headteacher with guidance, setting priorities and budget monitoring.
- Staffing issues, including appointing the Headteacher and other staff and determining salaries.
- Deciding the school’s policies on issues including admission.
- Making sure all pupils have equal opportunities within the school and providing for pupils with special educational needs.
- Ensuring there is a high standard of maintenance of the school’s premises.
- Dealing with complaints about the school.
- Raising funds through the annual voluntary maintenance contributions from parents.
There are twenty three places on the Governing body which include foundation Governors, elected parent Governors, staff Governors, and local authority Governors (see below for a full list). In addition to the six meetings of the full Governing body each academic year, there are also regular meetings of the three main committees:
- Staffing and Management
- Curriculum and Pupils
- Finance and Premises
If you have any queries about the work of the Governors or wish to raise an issue with the Governing body, please contact Martha Blackwell, the Clerk to the Governors, via email@example.com. You can also contact any of the elected parent Governors via the school office.
Chair of Governors
64 Marylebone High Street
|The Rector (ex officio)||Reverend Stephen Evans (Vice-Chair)|
|Bishop’s Representative||Mrs Eliza Low (Chair)|
|Area Dean’s Representative||Mr Adé Adigun|
|LDBS Representatives||Mrs Margaret Mountford
Mrs Sarah Hume (Chair of Curriculum and Pupils Committee)
Ms Harriet Capon
|Deanery Synod Representatives||Ms Alla Murphy|
|PCC Representatives||Ms Clare Alexander
Ms Helen Fospero
|Trustees’ Representative||Mrs Jo Sumpter
(Chair of Staffing and
|Additional Representative||Mr Steven Larcombe
(Chair of Finance
and Premises Committee)
|Westminster City Council Governor||Ms Paola Subacchi|
|Teacher Governors||Ms Fran Congdon
Ms Anna Bell
|Support Staff Governor||Mrs Helen Hall|
|Elected Parent Governors||Mr George Barber
Ms Emma Rea
Ms Clare Thomson
|Headteacher||Ms Kathryn Pugh|
Clerk to the Governors
Governors’ Biographies & Further Info
|Register of Business Interests|
|Membership of Governors’ Committees|