Dear students, parents and carers,
I’d like to remind you all about safety out on the streets at night, notably around Bonfire Night and as we go into the Christmas season when you may be travelling in the dark. Please be extra vigilant about your own safety and consider the following things:
– Don’t go out alone in the dark. Make sure that you plan your journey so that you are travelling with a friend and you let your parent / carer know where you are.
– Be mindful of your personal possessions. Do not have any valuables on display and be careful about where you use your telephone. You should not make yourself a target for street robbery.
– Walk away from trouble, not towards it. If you see something that looks unsafe you should trust your instincts and move away from the situation.
– If you see rowdy or anti-social behaviour, do not join in, do not take an interest, walk away from it and make sure that you are not associated with it in any way.
– Act in a kind and considerate way to members of the public and the police.
If you are concerned about any of the issues raised in this please do speak with a member of the Pastoral Team.