Online Parents’ Evenings – SchoolCloud
In 2022/23 we will continue to hold all Parents’ Evenings online via SchoolCloud. When notified by the school, please login here to book your appointments. The online booking system enables you to choose your own appointment times for video calls with teachers. You will then receive an email confirming your appointments.
Please see the video guide showing you how to log in, to book, and later attend video appointments at your Parents’ Evening.
Parents’ Evenings Timetable 2022/23
|Monday 7 November||Year 13 Parents’ Evening via SchoolCloud||4:00 pm – 6:30 pm|
|Monday 22 November||Year 8 Parents’ Evening via SchoolCloud||4:00 pm – 6:30 pm|
|Monday 5 December||Year 12 Parents’ Evening via SchoolCloud||4:00 pm – 6:30 pm|
|Monday 23 January||Year 9 Parents’ Evening via SchoolCloud||4:00 pm – 6:30 pm|
|Monday 30 January||Year 11 Parents’ Evening via SchoolCloud||4:00 pm – 6:30 pm|
|Monday 6 February||Year 7 Parents’ Evening via SchoolCloud||4:00 pm – 6:30 pm|
|Monday 28 March||Year 10 Parents’ Evening via SchoolCloud||4:00 pm – 6:30 pm|
Advice and guidance for Parents/Carers
In order to gain the most from your child’s Parents’ Evening, we would encourage you to follow the advice and guidance below.
Prior to Parents’ Evening:
- Make sure your child makes an appointment with every teacher on the online booking system SchoolCloud. Occasionally it may not be possible for teachers to see all the students, particularly if they have more than two teaching groups per year. In this case, you may have to get feedback via email.
- Read your child’s last report and familiarise yourself with their graded numbers (prior attainment) and behaviour for learning scores.
- Ensure both you and your child know what their subject targets are (these are on their last report). Are they on track to meet these targets?
- Have a discussion with your child about how they feel they are getting on in school, areas of excellence and areas for development.
- Discuss homework and independent study/revision skills – both your views on this and your child’s.
On the night:
- Be mindful that each appointment is only five minutes. Longer discussions will have to take place via phone calls or email.
- Occasionally, teachers are absent due to illness or school residential trips, in this situation you can request feedback via email.
- Inform the teacher of any areas that you/your child feels are impacting upon their progress (positive or negative).
- Ask questions to clarify your understanding of what the teacher has told you about your child.
- Ask what you can do to help support their learning at home.
Following Parents’ Evening:
- Make a time to reflect with your child, 2-3 weeks after the Parents’ Evening, to discuss how they are implementing teacher guidance.
- If you have further subject queries or concerns, please follow these up with your child’s subject teacher or Head of Learning. Any wider concerns can be directed to your child’s Head of Year. How ot contact us: https://stmarylebone.school/contact-us/