All parents and carers of students at St Marylebone School are automatically members of the PTA and are encouraged to join the PTA’s activities. Here is a summary of what we do >> The PTA meets six times a year, for an hour each term to plan fun events to bring parents, pupils and staff together whilst raising vital funds for the school.
Meetings are fun, informal and everyone is welcome. To join the team of supporters or apply for a position within the PTA please email the joint chairs of the PTA, Andrew Brown and Bella Bunce. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, races, cultures, faiths and genders and fully support the school’s ethos to actively promote diversity and inclusion across its community.
Upcoming PTA meetings and events in the academic year 2023/24.
|Planned Event Dates
The PTA team
Andrew Brown and Bella Bunce
School link: Peter Jordan, Senior Deputy Head – Email: email@example.com
Natalie Meaker and Dana Salloum
Alex Lyons and Kerry Skarratt
Committee member and quiz night coordinator
Committee members and silent auction coordinators
Eva Lena Larsson – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other PTA roles:
- Publicity – Help is needed to publicise events; posters, photography, film-making and social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook)
- Chefs and bakers – We always need help with catering for our Michaelmas and Summer music festival and Quiz Night.
- Event helpers – We always need lots of help before and during our events – running stalls, setting up, serving food and drinks, running errands/collecting donations from local businesses, decorating and of course tidying up.
- Socialisers – Talk to new parents and serve refreshments at school events such as the Year 7 new parents’ evening, Year 7 settling-in evening, Prize giving evening and the Festival of Readings and Carols
- Local business relationship builders – We are very lucky to have a dedicated group of parents building relationships with local businesses who are keen to support the school with donations towards catering and prizes for our events.
The best way to get involved is to come to a meeting but you can also email us at email@example.com if you would like to join our team.
We regularly call out for the following items: good quality vintage clothing and second-hand uniform, books in good condition and donation of items for the raffle and silent auction.
Many companies offer their employees the opportunity to boost their fundraising effort
s by ‘matching’ the money they raise. If your employer offers a match funding scheme please get in touch, it can help the PTA to double the money we raise for the school.
Current fundraising projects
- We are currently working with the school to raise funds for the Science Refurbishment Campaign.
- We regularly support the school by purchasing smaller items from their ‘wish list’.
- We also contribute £3,000 per year to the Elizabeth Phillips Wider Opportunities Fund. This fund ensures that students do not miss out on trips or extra-curricular activities because of social or financial circumstances.
Make The St Marylebone CE School your nominated charity when shopping online at no extra cost to you. The school partners with two of the most valued fundraising programmes:
Registering with these online platforms enables businesses to give to customers’ chosen charities when they make online purchases. It costs the customer nothing. When purchases are made, the vendor automatically donates a percentage of your sale to the school at no added cost to you – It’s extremely simple to register and use.
The more families regularly use these schemes, the more funds are raised towards purchasing valuable extra provisions for the school.