The 16-19 Bursary Fund provides financial support for students in Year 12 and Year 13 who may be struggling to cover the costs of resources or travel. Applications should be made by the end of September. Applications can be made after this deadline but payments will not be backdated. If you received the bursary in Year 12 and would like to continue receiving it in Year 13 you will need to reapply to continue your payments.
Support is available in three different categories.
You could be eligible to receive up to £1,200 per year, paid in termly instalments, if at least one of the following applies:
- Young people in care or care leavers (young people who were looked after by the LA for at least 13 weeks beginning after the age of 14 and ending after the age of 16).
- Young people claiming income support or universal credit in their own name.
- Disabled young people who receive both Employment Support Allowance and Disability Living Allowance in their own name.
There are two tiers for the maintenance bursary
You can apply for the first tier if you:
- Are eligible for Free School Meals (please check eligibility at this link: http://www.westminster.gov.uk/
- Your household income is £20,000 or below*
- You have an Education, Health and Care plan (EHCP)
You can apply for the second tier if:
- Your household income is between £20,000 and £25,000*
- Have good attendance which is quantified as attendance of 95% or above, including illness and other authorised absences.
- Have good punctuality quantified as no more than 2 late marks per week.
- Abide by the standards of behaviour and effort as agreed at the start of their learning programme and documented in the Home-School Agreement.
Students with a total household income of between £25,000 and £30,000 * can apply for a Discretionary Bursary for specific educational purposes. These include:
- Travel costs
- Books and equipment
- Educational trips
* Household income can be evidenced by receipt of benefit and/or P60, Tax Credit Award Notice or evidence of self-employment income. All evidence of household income will be treated with strict confidence and should be emailed to Jemma Hall j.hall@
Applications for discretionary funds should be emailed directly to Felicity Read, Director of Sixth Form at firstname.lastname@example.org