All parents and carers are members of the PTA. The PTA meets for an hour each half term to plan fun events to bring parents, pupils and staff together whilst raising vital funds for the school. Meetings are fun, informal and everyone is welcome. To join the team of supporters, please email Nikki McNamara or Natalie Sodeau at PTA@stmaryleboneschool.com
Meetings and Events 2020/21
All events are currently on hold due to government advice on Covid-19. We are looking into ideas for on-line events next term. Our meeting and event dates for 2020/21 are below:
- Thursday 24 September 2020 – PTA Welcome new parents and committee members 6.30-7.30pm via Google Meet
- Thursday 8 October – PTA AGM and meet the school Governors starting at 6.30pm via Zoom
- Thursday 12 November 2020 PTA Meeting 6.30-7.30pm via Google Meet
- Thursday 14 January 2021 PTA Meeting 6.30-7.30pm via Google Meet
- Thursday 4 March 2021 PTA Meeting 6.30-7.30pm via Google Meet
- Thursday 29 April 2021 PTA Meeting 6.30-7.30pm
- Thursday 17 June 2021 PTA Meeting 6.30-7.30pm
- Saturday 5th December – Winter Auction (on-line)
- Thursday 19th March TBC – Quiz Night
- Friday 2nd July TBC – Summer Music Festival
- July – Staff Appreciation Tea TBC (staff only)
Join our team of supporters for future events
There are many ways you can get involved – it’s fun and a great way to meet other parents and staff. We always appeal for help in the run-up to an event, but it helps to have a list of supporters who we know might be willing to help. If you would like to be on our contacts list and receive specific PTA updates please get in touch with Nikki or Natalie.
Nikki McNamara – Email: email@example.com
Natalie Sodeau – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
School link: Peter Jordan Deputy Head – Email: email@example.com
Natalie Meaker – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position available – Please email Nikki or Natalie for further details if you are interested
Alex Lyons and Miri Stickland
COMMITTEE MEMBER AND QUIZ NIGHT COORDINATOR
Carole MacLeod – Email: email@example.com
COMMITTEE MEMBER AND SILENT AUCTION COORDINATORS
Eva Lena Larsson – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Carole MacLeod – Email: email@example.com
Help needed to publicise events; posters, photography, film-making and social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook)
PTA Chefs and Bakers
We always need help with catering for our Michaelmas and Summer music festival and Quiz Night.
PTA event helpers
We always need lots of help before and during our events: Michaelmas Fair, Quiz Night and Summer Music Festival. The best way to get involved is to come to a meeting but you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved.
Help is always needed running stalls, setting up, serving food and drinks, running errands/collecting donations from local businesses, decorating and of course tidying-up – all so welcome!
Talk to new parents and serve refreshments at:
- Year 7 new parents’ evening
- Year 7 settling-in evening
- Prize giving
- Festival of Readings and Carols
- Other concerts and shows
PTA hoarders – we regularly call out for the following items:
- Good quality vintage clothing – Michaelmas/Summer Fairs
- Good quality second hand uniform – sales throughout the year
- Books in good condition – Michaelmas/Summer Fairs
- Donation of items for the raffle and silent auction
2020/21 – We are currently working with the school to raise funds for the Science Refurbishment Campaign – click here for further information about this project https://stmarylebone.school/fundraising/
We have also supported the school by purchasing the items from their ‘wish list’ below.
- DT: Die cutter machine and dies, knife cutter
- Food Tech: 2 x microwaves, 3 x kettles, 1 x oven and hob
- Music Tech: Logic X software update for computer
- Art: Lighting for gallery in Blandford lobby space
- Head Girl photo frames
- Wooden garden benches for playground x 2
Previous fundraising projects
- Purchase of Google Chrome Books for each pupil
- Y7 classroom / corridor refurbishment
- Dance mirror extension in the Dance Studio
- Stage blocks / adjustable stage legs for the Drama Department
- Study room/library refurbishment and sixth form seating
- Music department refurbishment
- Theatre refurbishment
We also contribute £3,000 per year to the Elizabeth Phillips WIder Opportunities Fund. The social or financial circumstances of some St Marylebone students would prevent them from taking part in the many extra-curricular trips and activities we run. This fund ensures that students do not have to miss out because of such disadvantages. Many students benefit annually from this fund, established by the former Headteacher, Mrs Phillips, on her retirement.
In 2018/19 the PTA donated funds to the sports department which enabled the hire of Regents Park facilities for both GCSE and club netball practice and this has played a great part in the success they have achieved beating other schools’ teams. Well done Marylebone girls!
Marylebone Loves Music Campaign
Last year the School and the PTA raised £35,000 from grants and the Summer Music Festival to refurbishment the Music Department.
Work was carried out during the summer holidays; trunking work, redecoration, new carpet, piano keyboard desks in M1 & M2, chairs, pianos, piano keyboards, guitars, double bass and ukuleles.
Theatre for the Future Campaign
2019/20 – the School and the PTA worked together to raise money for our highly treasured theatre to carry out essential repairs as well as to modernise equipment. This will enable improved and more varied teaching and productions, as befitting our Performing Arts Specialist School and provide our students with a Theatre for the Future.
Staff Appreciation Tea 2019
Last year we started the Staff Appreciation Tea. Parents and carers brought in sandwiches, fruit kebabs, cakes, hot chilli and rice, for the wonderful staff to enjoy at lunchtime, with tea and coffee served by the PTA – our way to say thank you for all the hard work they do!
We are very lucky to have a dedicated group of parents building relationships with local businesses who are keen to support the school with donations towards catering and prizes for our events – some of our regular supporters are listed below. Please get in touch if you would like to join our team.
A huge thank you for your generous and continued support,
It is much appreciated.
- La Fromagerie – Moxon Street
- Iberica – Great Portland Street
- The Real Greek – Paddington Street
- Waitrose- Marylebone High Street
- Tesco Express – George Street
- Chipotle – Baker Street
- Krispy Kreme Doughnuts
- Jane Packer Flowers – George Street
- Paul Bakery – Baker Street