Tutor group 8B went to the Royal Opera House and attended “TheatreCraft”, the UK’s largest free careers event for young people. It is aimed at looking at the off-stage roles and careers in theatre.
They took part in practical workshops and talks including:
- Automation & Lighting
- How Royal Opera House stage management team make the whole thing happen
- Painting the world scenery
A few quotes from some pupils on what they learnt:
- “Basically behind the scenes of theatre. Not just the main stage. We also learnt about the lights and effects used to make acting even better”
- “How the royal opera house creates an atmosphere for the people watching”
- “The work of the stage manager”
- “How they make their backgrounds and costume ideas.
- “How they do the lighting”