Year 7 Identity PSHE Day
Year 7 Identity PSHE day and a double workshop linked to their Economic well being
Year 7 participated in PSHE about their identity and then all have the day broken up by a practical workshop, that linked to their economic well !
7 A – Has HSBC in teaching them to be Savvy Shoppers (useful before the Summer)
7 B – Had Multiverse in to deliver a workshop on Apprenticeships
7 D – Child Graddon Lewis Architecture workshop
7 H – N.G. Bailey Engineering facilitated students creating a pyramid structure (it collapsed) but they had fun constructing it!
7 N – STEM workshop about being a forensic scientist!
7 W – STEM workshop about the Maths used in Freelance photography!
Year 8 Careers Workshops
Year 8 participated in 3 careers workshops linked to their interests. They were led by teaching staff and external professionals. You can see from the range of pictures, students had the chance to learn practically about vocations they have an interest in.
- Pupils with Curl La Tourelle Architect Marianne, redesigned their school environments
- Pupils with OMMX architecture thought about the impact the local community had on them and created a mood board to represent how areas could be better designed for them
- The Linguistic & Cultural Inclusion department, appointed pupils to create resources for a workshop for students arriving nw to the country with no English
- Drama staff, let students know about different roles in the Theatre, I even heard them appoint a student to become a Director of Music.
- Dance appointed new pupil choreographers to lead the warm up and devise routines
I hope students explored their interests and had fun. Thank you to all the creative staff and external employers who attended; including the Police/ Dentsu Aegis, Guardian online workshop, Wates Constructruction Group and Vodafone.